cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Adding multiple dimensions in one dimension in Creo 2

ptc-1773724
1-Newbie

Adding multiple dimensions in one dimension in Creo 2

What I'm trying to do is add the through hole and counter sink dimension information to the through hole dimension. I've tried using the "&" and "@" symbols but that didn't work. This is the information that I used:

Through hole dimension name: add1

Counter sink diameter name: add2

My text string looks like this: @D THRU, C'SINK &add2

This is what I get: .140 THRU, C'SINK &add2

If I shorten the "add2" to "d2" it get the thickness of my sheet metal part. Don't know what the connection is there.

Any help would be appreciated.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I know nothing about Creo 2, but in WF2 & 4, you can only use Shown dimensions as parameters in that way, not Created dimensions.

The 'add' prefix suggests your CSINK dimension is a Created dimension.

Unless, of course I'm wrong...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I know nothing about Creo 2, but in WF2 & 4, you can only use Shown dimensions as parameters in that way, not Created dimensions.

The 'add' prefix suggests your CSINK dimension is a Created dimension.

Unless, of course I'm wrong...

Thanks! That was it! I added the Shown dimensions and was able to get what I was looking for.

Good! Glad it worked.

You can use Created dimensions this way, but not in a dimension. You can create a note with a leader and have the text of the note be "&add1 THRU, CSINK &add2"

Top Tags