cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Adding "description" to a BOM table

mlocascio
4-Participant

Adding "description" to a BOM table

This is probably old hat for the group. I am trying to add a description line for the components listed in my BOM. I have tried to add the description in the repeat region from the other selections, but I cannot seem to find the description. Am I going to need to add this as a User Defined parameter?

Michael P. Locascio

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

This works nicely and is very simple.

ATTRIBUTE

[cid:image001.png@01CF0C89.F3949E90]

ASSIGNMENT TO TYPE
[cid:image002.png@01CF0C89.F3949E90]

USER SEES
[cid:image003.png@01CF0C8A.D9B67FB0]

One can use a Note object with more functionality if desired instead.
[cid:image004.png@01CF0C8B.233691C0]

yes,
select tools/parameter
click on the plus sign
add a string parameter named "description" and enter the part description
add "&asm.mbr.descrtiption" to your repeat region cell.
Regards,
Bob Frindt
216-990-8711

---- Michael Locascio <proeman@reagan.com> wrote:
> This is probably old hat for the group. I am trying to add a description line for the components listed in my BOM. I have tried to add the description in the repeat region from the other selections, but I cannot seem to find the description. Am I going to need to add this as a User Defined parameter?
> Michael P. Locascio
>
>
> -----End Original Message-----
Top Tags