cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Adding table rows that inherit text style from previous row

pclarke
1-Newbie

Adding table rows that inherit text style from previous row

The attached revision table is used in my drawing format. Does anybody know how to make newly-inserted rows (for future revisions) automatically inherit the text style from the previous row? The text will not be the default text style. This includes horizontal and vertical alignment. This format will be used with my company for multiple users and I don't want to ask everyone to use a map key or go to format>text style every time. Your help is appreciated! PC
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Table is not a repeat region. It is just a normal table.
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:pclarke)

This has been a holy grail for many people for ages. The default stupid "FONT" with seemingly random sized text (0.152...), bottom left alignment has haunted us forever. I've never seen any solution, except to use a repeat region, which doesn't seem like a very nice way to go.

Paul,

I suggest you to contact PTC Support and ask them to examine your problem.

PTC will tell you if it is "intended" functionality or a bug.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:pclarke)

As far as I know, it can't be done. I've tried everything. You can edit the text style of the entire table at once, but if there isn't something in every cell (at least a space character), the formatting doesn't apply. Maybe create a product idea and post the link here.

Top Tags