cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Angles in drawings

kboettcher2
1-Newbie

Angles in drawings

I am wondering if there is a command to force an angular dimension? My situation is a hole for and ejector pin in a core block, we wire edm 1/2 degree draft as lead in for the pin, but no matter what I do, with angles less than a degree or 2 it wants to put a linear dimension, is there some way to to accomplish this?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

As much as possible Zoom into the area where you will choose the lines to make the angular dimension. Now insert>dimension (click the 2 lines you want the angular dimension between)and place it directly between the 2 lines you just clicked. Then zoom out and drag the dimension to desired location.

Kyle, The config option minimum_angle_dimension sets the minimum angle at which Pro/E will make an angular dimension. Cheers, Tony.

Thank you for the responses guys, Frank, I follow the practice you are describing but with 1/2 degree or less still seems to be a problem. Anthony thanks for that idea, I will give that a try.

"Anthony Howard" wrote:

Kyle, The config option minimum_angle_dimension sets the minimum angle at which Pro/E will make an angular dimension. Cheers, Tony.

Top Tags