cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Annotation measurements not the same as DME

rjethwa
5-Regular Member

Annotation measurements not the same as DME

Me again.. A couple of questions on using Annotate:

1) So I have modelled an assembly in DME with specific dimensions and have previously had it 3d printed so I know the measurements all tally.

I need to provide 2d drawings to a machinist for alu machining. I have launched the Annontation module in DME and can get the various views onto the page. But when I select measurements using the Linear tool, the measurements on the paper are different.

The drawings are 1:1, but even so, I'd expect the measurements to be true. Know what's happening here?

i.e. I have a length that is 155.63mm in DME but is 6.221 in Annotation

2) How do I select which part I what to Annotate? Every time I press New Drawing, it's the first item in my tree that is drawn out. I have tried to uncheck that piece and check another piece, Set Active the other part, but none of these are working. Magic steps please?

3) I also want a shaded Iso view as the wireframe is too complicated. Can I do? Which checkboxes do I need to check?

Thanks vm..

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

I think you need a little more knowledge of how drawings work in Creo. You might consider going through some of the available tutorials. Your questions are very basic but the answer is more complicated if we are not sitting in front of the screen with you.

I did convert the MM length to inches and it is not direct relation, so this is not your problem. The view must be skewed to get "wrong" data. "Wrong" meaning that the software is correct, but your application is not.

You need to understand active models and how to change them and when they apply.

In the view dialog box (properties), you can set the view display type. Section views cannot be shaded.

Top Tags