cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Annotation of hole centerlines in drawing mode

hspaulding
3-Visitor

Annotation of hole centerlines in drawing mode

We recently have gone from Creo 2 to Creo 3 M20.

I have created a drawing of a small assembly. I want to show the hole centerlines of the various parts.

In Creo 2, I would pick the views, pick the "Show Model Annotations" button under the "Annotate" ribbon, then pick the "Show The Model Datums tab, then choose the centerlines I wanted or choose show all.

In Creo 3 this does not work. I can pick the individual parts and the centerlines will show, but if I have an assembly drawing with 100 parts (which is usually the case), this could become tedious. What am I missing? Is there a config option that has changed between Creo 2 and 3? I have contacted PTC support and they have verified my issue, and that my method did work in Creo 2 but not in Creo 3. They have not gotten back to me with a solution yet.

I am now reaching out to the REAL experts hoping to find a solution to prove once again that the users are smarter than the help desk people.

Thanks,

Herb Spaulding

Miller Industries Towing Equipment

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:hspaulding)

You probably need to set the config option “show_axes_by_view_scope” to “all_sub_models”.

Tom U.

I forgot to supply the correct answer:

setting the config option “show_axes_by_view_scope” to “all_sub_models”.

Top Tags