cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Arranging Ballons with a single Leader

ptc-5063352
1-Newbie

Arranging Ballons with a single Leader

I am using Wildfire 5. In the drawing I have numerous fastener combinations consisting of Bolt-Washer----Washer-Nut-Lock Nut. When I ballon each item has a leader and ballon. How do I get a single leader with all the ballons next to each other on a horizontal line. In SolidWorks there is an option

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

You can use the 'merge' command if you have quantity style balloons, if you do not want the quantity of the items in the balloons then you will need to create a custom balloon symbol (Format > Symbol Gallery > Define and copy from symbol, then you can use the already created symbol as a reference)

In the Attributes of the new symbol you will need to use a Radial Leader and select the circle in the symbol for placing.

Change the type of the balloons in the region to Custom, select your new symbol and you will be able to merge your balloons Table > BOM balloons > merge

Hi Charlotte. Many thanks for the answer.PTC should spend more time bring the drawing packed up to the SW standard

Hi,

just wanted to know...how do we open a cross-section shown in solidworks drawing..on the actual solidworks part?

Hi,

As far as I know they are not connected.In SW you create a section in drawing(which is dragable) so simple like putting Geo Tolerances, centre lines, stackable Ballons and so on the list is endless and all by single buttons. In model use the section button, again dragable, the big difference is you can pick up on a surface, edge as well as a plane not like Pro E where you have to create a datum plane .

Top Tags