cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Assembly Layers (view manager) vs Drawing layers

JavierL
7-Bedrock

Assembly Layers (view manager) vs Drawing layers

I am currently working on producing an assembly drawing for a large top level product with many subassemblies

The way I typically handle that is with Combined states (simp rep, explode) controlling the various operations to assemble the product

BUT since we got upgraded to Creo 6, I cannot link all my simp reps easily to the BOM,I found this out after laying out all the 30+ sheets, I thought I could get around this by modifying my Combined state to all use the same simp rep and instead change the assembly layers to hide and show components

This seemed to work great, but after the drawing was finished and the PDF was exported all the views in the drawing matched the combined state of the final page, even though if you navigate to each page they generally show what view you are expecting

Any ideas what is going on?

I have the views set to independent, but I think there is a shared layer among them

I do not have much experience with layers in drawing, can anyone chime in?

Thank you

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags