cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Assembly parameter to set a part parameteres

kskatun
6-Contributor

Assembly parameter to set a part parameteres

I have two parts in an assembly, both of these were modeled up invidually with their own set of parameters which again drives dimmensions in the part

Can i somehow set OuterDiameter parameter in assembly to drive outerdiameter parameter in the two parts,(both parts have 50+ relations that is dependent of this diameter). Normally you would set d11:2 = outerdiameter and d11:4 = outerdiameter, but this does not work for me, because I do not have a 1:1 dimension of the outerdiameter, but this parameter drives other dimmension after some calculations. See screenshot below:Screenshot_7.png

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

select parameter name in Relations dialog box (in Parameter list), click right mouse button and use Insert to Relations command.

insert.png

In my test P1P:0 text was added into relations editing area.

I created P1P:0=444 relation and it works.

MH

Martin Hanák
kskatun
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

It helped , but somehow the parameter does not get updated in the part:

Screenshot_15.png

psobejko
12-Amethyst
(To:kskatun)

I don't know the logic in your relations works, so I just want to point out that:

- your expressions look correct, so they should work.

- maybe it takes several regenerations for the system to fully solve the assembly.  That is not a good sign, but might be acceptable

- you might need to explore ways that the AREALMY parameter can be reset by some relation that exists in the part model and that is obscured by being inside a feature relation set, or in the "post-regeneration" relation set for the part (this is accessed by that drop-down in the lower right hand corner of the relation editing area)...

Top Tags