cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Attach note leader to a symbol leader

dayoub
1-Newbie

Attach note leader to a symbol leader

EXAMPLE.jpg

This symbol setup is interesting in that I can drag the balloon group and the leader of the "EXAMPLE" note will remain properly snapped on the symbol leader. I copied this from a drawing, but haven't found a way to reproduce it myself. It seems the default "Insert->note" does not "see" symbol leaders as entities to add ref to.

If anyone has an idea, I'd appreciate it.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:dayoub)

Is there a way that you can attach a simple sketch drawing with this not in it so that others may look at it first hand and that way you shouldn't have to worry about proprietary info?

Thanks, Dale

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Oh that is wicked!

I see the relate feature so they move together, but not the attachment.

Is this something from an optional extension module that does not work in core Creo?

Features applied from optional modules do transport into core Creo, but you cannot duplicate them.

You're right, a Creo note doesn't see the same things as a WF note!

Select on notes and use 'edit attachment'

WF note offers:

Select an edge, an entity, a dimension witness line, a leader, a coordinate system, a coordinate system vector, a curve, a vertex or a section entity

Creo note offers:

Select an edge, an entity, a dimension witness line, a coordinate system, a coordinate system vector, a curve, a vertex or a section entity

You'll just have to store an old WF4 note somewhere safely and use that for ever

That's unfortunate.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

That sounds like a Support Case to remind development that they -forgot- to include this with the ribbon "upgrade".

Charlotte, does that mean in WF you can move the point at which it attached to the leader by dragging it along the parent leader line? I can't seem to change the attachement point in Creo either.

It doesn't drag in Creo you have to click somewhere on the line again with edit attachment (Creo2 M040)

I confused myself I couldn't open that drawing in WF so it was Creo I moved it in, it's not in WF4, so must have been created in an even earlier version of Pro/E! I'll have to hunt out my old version 2001 and try it there.

Okay, now it works moving the attachment point.

Top Tags