cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Conversion

SOLVED
Highlighted

Autocad Conversion

Whenever i convert the creo drawing into Autocad the text style and dimensions style changes and notes which i have writtne in drawing they also change and some times they go out from the template boundry , then i have to manually change those all things which is really annoying and lot of waste of time

Is their any way so that when i convert DRW into DWG their shouldn't be any change in dim style or text style.

and one more thing what is the standard procedure to convert the DRW into DWG?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Autocad Conversion

Hello again.

I did some tests now and it worked. The procedure is:

1-Export DRW to DWG

2-Open a DWG file where you have the dimensions style that you like

3-In menu Format - Dimensions , set the dimension style you want as current or predefined

4-Insert the DWG file that you exported into the file you have open before

5-In dimensions Menu there is a Update all dimensions Icon, select it and then do a window to pick all drawing

That's it

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello!

You can insert your DWG file into a template of your Autocad with the correct dimensions then i think there is a command in Autocad to update all the dimensions and anotations into your template style

Hi ,

Thank You For Your attention can you explain me how exactly to do in autocad i amen i really not good in autocad

Hello again.

I did some tests now and it worked. The procedure is:

1-Export DRW to DWG

2-Open a DWG file where you have the dimensions style that you like

3-In menu Format - Dimensions , set the dimension style you want as current or predefined

4-Insert the DWG file that you exported into the file you have open before

5-In dimensions Menu there is a Update all dimensions Icon, select it and then do a window to pick all drawing

That's it

View solution in original post