Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Revision Update Doesn't Work

Highlighted

Automatic Revision Update Doesn't Work

In the information block on our prints, the REV value is already formatted to display the correct rev, except it doesn't work on my computer. All I get is either a "+" or it's blank. Everyone that views the same print gets the proper rev to show up. In intralink (9.0), it has the correct rev, yet the drawing only displays the plus sign or nothing (depending on whether anything changed). The block is set to display &PDMREV. Everything else that automatically updates all works fine. Also, in the Revisions (ECOs) block, the rev simply does not show up at all. Again, this works for everyone else, but me. This is also set to display &PDMREV. I have tried erasing memory, shutting down pro-e, restarting the computer, deleting the workspace & re-checking out the part, but it was all to no avail.
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

RE: Automatic Revision Update Doesn't Work

Dan Sounds to me like you are using an old drawing format, im not sure about Windchill 9 but in Windchill 8 the correct revision parameter is: &PTC_WM_REVISION In Intralink it was &PROI_REVISION so im wodering if the &PDMREV goes all the way back to Pro/PDM. Replacing your drawing format with the latest version should fix the problem.
Highlighted

RE: Automatic Revision Update Doesn't Work

Thanks for the reply. That worked, but it only gives me the letter, it doesn't include the version too. For example, I changed a print & in the workspace it says it is B.1, but on the drawing it only says B. WIth the &PDMREV it shows up as B.1 on everyone else's computers, even under my account.
Highlighted

Updates

No edit button?? Anyway, I tried using someone else's pro-e config file to see if somehow something in there was messing it up, but I got the same result as before, blank or + sign. I don't know if this has anything to do with the problem, but I have an older computer than everyone else (not going to change anytime soon). On the newest computers, pro-e has no problem "reading" the older attributes (ie &PROI_REVISION) & displaying them correctly. My computer just leaves a blank for those. Any ideas?
Highlighted

RE: Updates

Dan If you want to include the iteration then the correct parameter to display is: PTC_WM_VERSION
Highlighted

RE: Updates

Thank you. I still don't know why I'm the only one that has to change the parameter, but at least it works correctly now.
Highlighted

Re: RE: Updates

Does anyone know if this will work through the Workgroup Manager for Autocad? I can get PTC_WM_REVISION and PTC_WM_ITERATION to work, but not PTC_WM_VERSION. I don't want to have use PTC_WM_REVISION+"."+PTC_WM_ITERATION to show the same information that PTC_WM_VERSION would show.

Announcements