cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Automatic dimensioning in sketches

cwilkes
7-Bedrock

Automatic dimensioning in sketches

Why is it that sometimes while sketching, it seems like the automatic dimsions applied to the drawing (light blue in Creo 1.0) are stronger than the dimensions I add myself? Is there a way to delete an automatic dimension?

It drives me crazy sometimes when I'm dimensioning a sketch and it'll change the whole shape of my sketch to accomodate random auto-dimensions.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
_DF_
1-Newbie
(To:cwilkes)

Try enabling sketcher_dimension_autolock and sketcher_lock_modified_dims if they're not already enabled. I can't remember having issues with sketch instability since I enabled them.

The default normal blue dimensions will change if you drag them, or make changes to other dimensions. Be warned though: with dimensions autolocking, if you define other dimensions that make your current ones invalid, Creo will just ignore you.

If you haven't already, set visible_message_lines to at least four. Creo often gives multiple-line errors, but the default display of 2 actually only shows one line. If you can only see the one line, it changes so fast you won't notice the difference if you're trying something multiple times and Creo keeps generating the same 2 or three line error. If you can see two or three message lines, you'll see the entire error message and you'll be able to see the line movement changing, whihc gives you a better idea of what you're doing wrong.

Top Tags