cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Axis labels for sheet metal

ptc-4861824
1-Newbie

Axis labels for sheet metal

I have made two drawings, flat and bent, according to this advice (http://communities.ptc.com/message/14602#14602)

but now I need to reference the center of an arc on the flat drawing. Yet when I go to add an axis in the model, I canonly add an axis to the model prior to the flat pattern command.

How can I dimension to an arc on my flat pattern drawing?

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Now the axis and points are following the part.

Not sure how to delete my question now.

Is the arc you are trying to dimension being deformed by the flat pattern? If so, it is no longer a true arc and cannot maintain the appropriate center.

However, you do have the option to have extruded arcs generate an axis, and this may resolve the axis following the flat pattern state.

Unfortunately, the config.pro toggle for this does not affect already created features.

show_axes_for_extr_arcs yes

A work around is to place a hole in the center of the arc and see if it will follow the flat pattern but this might generate "intent" errors unless you actually remove some material.

Top Tags