cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

BOM Balloon Leader Problems

ptc-4916318
1-Newbie

BOM Balloon Leader Problems

Hi,

I am currently working in ProE Wildfire 3.0. I have created a drawing of an assembly with cross section views. When I create BOM Balloons for the view several of them show up correctly, but some appear without a leader. The part that I want to point out is clearly visiable in the cross section veiw, but the balloon fails to point at it. When I right click on the balloon there is no option to edit attatchment. Can someone please tell me how to create a leader for the BOM Balloon?

Thanks,

Michael

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-4916318)

From my experience in WF5/Creo, the surface that the balloon is attached to is not showing up in the secion view therefor the balloon cannot attach to anything in the secion view. It's a pain, but if possible Move Item To View and select one of the none section views. Edit Attachment and point the balloon to a surface/edge that will show up in the section view. Move Item to View to move the balloon back to the section view.

The second option is to delete (not erase) the balloon and create it again in the section view. This should force it to find a surface that is showing in the section view.

See if this helps,

Thanks, Dale

Top Tags