cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

BOM balloons, repeat region, relations

MK_9565154
4-Participant

BOM balloons, repeat region, relations

Hello,

When I'm adding relations to repeat region they don't work.

For example I added:

if ASM_MBR_TYPE=="Bulk item"
     QTY=5
   else
     QTY=rpt_qty
   endif

and the qty of bulk items is not changed.

Also I want to have a possibility to add more simple BOM balloons to bulk items and other items, without REF balloons, because they don't merge and it's a problem for me, I tried a lot of ways to make it and it don't work also.

I will be grateful for any help 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:TomU)

I'm not sure you can change the 'rpt_qty' value directly, I think you have to use your own parameter, like 'qty'.  For this to display correctly, you have to call this parameter out in place of rpt.qty in the table.  For example:

TomU_0-1603897979245.png

TomU_1-1603898025972.png

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:MK_9565154)

Check out this discussion where I used relation to made the BOM reflect 1/2 part.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Part-Modeling/1-2-of-a-part/m-p/100428

Hi,

Still my relations don't work at all. I don't know how, because I have properties in repeat region ->relations->local parameters, and when I add other table with type (part/bulk/assembly) it's shows proper type. I don't know where is the problem.

But thanks, I think it will help, when I repair relations problem.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Can you either share your drawing and models or take screenshots of the repeat region relations and the repeat region table cell parameters?

MK_9565154
4-Participant

I uploaded screenshot with informations only needed to solve this problem (I hope 😛 )

I can't share more. The other relation made by someone else is working properly.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

What data type is the parameter QTY, string or integer?

If it is a string, ours is as we use A/R for bulk items, then the 5 needs to be "5".

MK_9565154
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

Integer, I tried QTY="5" and also it didn't helped.

But QTY is parameter created by me, because it wasn't in parameters table before.

I made earlier:

rpt_qty=5, and it don't work again.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Just want to verify that "ASM_MBR_TYPE" = BULK ITEM or Bulk item

I remember seeing in my post that capitalization counts  -alt vs -ALT.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:Dale_Rosema)

To verify the type, just add a temporary column showing the types:

TomU_0-1603898401601.png

TomU_1-1603898441680.png

Based on this image, I would expect bulk item needs to be capitalized and in quotes:

IF asm_mbr_type == "BULK ITEM"

A quick test confirms it.  The text must match exactly.

Changes nothing.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

What parameter are you using in your quantity column?  Use 'switch symbols' to see:

TomU_0-1603897366242.png

TomU
23-Emerald IV

I'm not sure you can change the 'rpt_qty' value directly, I think you have to use your own parameter, like 'qty'.  For this to display correctly, you have to call this parameter out in place of rpt.qty in the table.  For example:

TomU_0-1603897979245.png

TomU_1-1603898025972.png

MK_9565154
4-Participant

So acc. to previous explanation I have rpt.qty param. also when I added asm.mbr.type it shows bulk item.

So this is end for first problem. I can't change rpt.qty to something else.

Is there possibility, to have one bulk and add more "record balloons" than one? And if possible - without ladders?

(We are already cheating with adding more bulks and later suppressing them.)

Additionally using new parameter (I checked it second ago) instead of rpt.qty don't solve problem, because balloons use this param to quantity information, so only one can be added , when I change new param to 99, because rpt.qty=1.

It is a problem to use balloons in creo, because it has limited functionality.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

You can not use rpt.qty as the parameter when you are changing it to something other than the system generated quantity.

In our repeat region relation, we have:

IF asm_mbr_type == "BULK ITEM"
quantity = "AR"
ELSE
quantity = rpt_qty
ENDIF

for the QTY column, I use this:

&rpt.rel.quantity

MK_9565154
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

How this refers to standard BOM balloons? I can't change rpt.qty column in table, so if I need to change this, then I have a problem. Second thing: I need it to make more balloons for one bulk in 3D model. If there is any other option to make more "record balloons" it would help me. 

TomU
23-Emerald IV

You can set the balloon parameter to anything you want:

TomU_0-1603901627557.png

MK_9565154
4-Participant

In this place I have rpt.index and cannot change this also because I need in balloon number of position in table.

I don't need to see number of elements in balloon, but only in table as one, but also I need to add more than one balloon.

I made this earlier by adding more bulks, then adding more ballons with quantity split balloons and spliting balloons. Next I changed to simple balloons, and then suppress other bulks except one. Is more proffessional solution for this? (It takes a lot of time, if you have mark sth on drawing in 15 places)

TomU
23-Emerald IV

@MK_9565154 wrote:

In this place I have rpt.index and cannot change this also because I need in balloon number of position in table.

"Cannot" because it's grayed out and Creo won't let you, or "cannot" because you don't want to (or your company won't let you)?

@MK_9565154 wrote:

I don't need to see number of elements in balloon, but only in table as one, but also I need to add more than one balloon.

You can't create more BOM balloons that the number of components that actually exist in the assembly.  Of course you can create 'fake' balloons and make them say whatever you want, but they won't be tied to the repeat region.

MK_9565154
4-Participant

If you make additional baloons the way I showed they are changing with adding new positions in table, so ther are tied to repeat region.
Okay, problem not solved, but thank you for cooperation 🙂 as you explain to me why my solution is not working, I will mark this as solved ;D

TomU
23-Emerald IV

@MK_9565154 wrote:

Is there possibility, to have one bulk and add more "record balloons" than one?

I could definitely be wrong here, but I don't think you can create a balloon for a bulk item since there is nothing actually displayed in the assembly.  What would it point to?

By the way, even with the balloons are displaying your custom quantity parameter, Creo will not create more balloons than the number of items that actually exist in the assembly.  Altering the displayed quantity does not impact the number of balloons created.

MK_9565154
4-Participant

xD

There is possibility to add balloon to bulk, by "record" not by component or view or sth else. With ladder to show glue for example, that you don't want to model

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Cool.  Just tried it.  Interesting.  🙂

Top Tags