cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

BOM schedule table export to include additional part parameters. Is this possible?

btheobald
1-Newbie

BOM schedule table export to include additional part parameters. Is this possible?

I'm tasked with exporting a BOM schedule table as CSV file (Part No:, Description & Quantity) -straight forward 'Save Table-Save As' etc. However, I need to also capture additional part parameters that are not included in the table i.e. Volume & Material. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

Bob

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:btheobald)

Add these to your repeat region:

Material: &asm.mbr.ptc_material.PTC_MATERIAL_NAME

Volume: &asm.mbr.PRO_MP_VOLUME

Chris,

Thanks for your prompt response. However, if I've understood correctly,  revising the 'repeat region' as you've suggested will now show these parameters in the table, which is not what I'm after. The BOM schedule table needs to exhibit only: Part No:, Description & Quantity. However, the exported CSV to Excel  needs to  include the additional Volume and material parameter  information.

I'm now thinking that I need to follow the 'Tools-> Bill of Materials' route and define a customized BOM format file ( *.fmt), which sources the , Part No:, Description, Volume & Material parameters of  each part in the assembly.

Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Regards,

Bob

Chris3
20-Turquoise

For this kind of thing I have a blank drawing with a repeat region on it. I have a mapkey that opens the blank drawing and prompts the user to add an assembly. Then the mapkey saves the repeat region as a csv file and closes and erases the drawing. Then I call an external script that opens that csv in Excel. This way you can add whatever filters and parameters you want and it is only temporary.

There may be other ways to do it, but that is how I do it.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

You can either use Chris' method or the Tools-BOM with a custom report.

If you are using Windchill, you can also get that information from a custom table view under Structure.

Top Tags