cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Balloons for Sub-assembly

doneill
12-Amethyst

Balloons for Sub-assembly

I know how to create a BOM Table in my drawing, but is there a way I can create one for a sub-assembly in that drawing and add balloons? 

I thought I could set the Model in my table to a sub-assembly, but it only seems to let me select a file from the Open File dialog box.   And If I try to add Balloons it tells me "Invalid Region"...

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:doneill)

You can't show balloons from a BOM table that is another model, even if that model is a sub-assy of it.

You can use the BOM table and filter out all the top level parts and then make the sub-assy "recursive" so the BOM just shows the parts of the sub-assy. 

TABLE - REPEAT REGION - FILTER and exclude all the parts  you don't want on the BOM.

TABLE - FLAT/REC ITEM and select the sub-assy you want to show the parts from.

Maybe that makes sense, maybe not...

Hi,

to create BOM repeat region table for sub-assembly, you have to add sub-assembly as second drawing model. Then you probably have to create sub-assembly view to show BOM ballons.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags