cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Basic question about formats

John.Pryal
12-Amethyst

Basic question about formats

Hi all,

lets say i have a job title "big block" & my customer's name is "big block company" & i have multiple drawings, how do i get this information to appear in the the format of each drawing without having to enter it each time. I have this working for todays_date & dwg_no, but i cannot figure out how to define a format so that my job title & customer name need only be entered once somewhere. I guess this needs to be a parameter somewhere, but where?

Regards

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi John,

There is config option make_parameters_from_fmt_tables set it to yes.

If you set the value of this option to no, the system prompts you

for the values whenever you add a second sheet or replace the

format.

-Kailas

thank you for the reply Kailas, i'm not sure if that helps me out. What if i have 10 parts with 10 drawings & i "save as" to create 10 new parts with 10 new drawings, but the job title & customer are different. How do i avoid having to correct the title & customer for the 10 new drawings each time.

Regards

John

jkolb
4-Participant
(To:John.Pryal)

Could you add a second model to all of the prints that has the company name as a parameter? So you'd have 11 parts and 10 drawings, "save as" And then update that one part with the name parameter? Kind of a hack, but I think that would work.

Top Tags