cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Best Practices for MBD detailing

krthk86g
12-Amethyst

Best Practices for MBD detailing

Hello, 

I am defining MBD states and views for one of my client. here is a situation where we have assemblies with 2 levels of components. can you describe be best practice to create dimensions. whether I have to create dimension for each component at the assembly level or create states and dimensions at part level then use the same in assembly level.

3 REPLIES 3
rnagpal
4-Participant
(To:krthk86g)

Create dimension at part level and then Assign the dimension in assembly level.

krthk86g
12-Amethyst
(To:rnagpal)

Hi, 

Please tell me the procedure the bring the MBD states from part and show them in assembly. not aware of the option.

BR84
12-Amethyst
(To:krthk86g)

Hi,

Please treat the 3d model as a master container of all data where the drawing is a supplementary piece of data that take everything from the model.

It is the easiest when you create the 3d model, show all needed dimensions in selected planes, and in drawing you only show up what you need in a view.

This is a one-way process: model -> drawing - so please don't create dimension in drawing, with an intention, to show it in the 3d model environment. Because it won't work. It is how it is

Set up your creo correctly- folders location, templates /3 basic templates - prt, asm, drw, few additional parameters that are in the model, and are supposed to be shown in the drawing - in an ex. tolerance class, finish/, drawing standards first - otherwise you will be struggling like many before you had.

enjoy it.

BR84_2-1597151067027.png

BR84_1-1597150828277.png

Top Tags