cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Blank Component in Detail View?

CurtisF
3-Visitor

Blank Component in Detail View?

Is there a way to blank a component in a detail view?

I'm fairly new to Creo (using Creo 4) but I've searched and searched only to find this question posed several times between 2004 & 2017 with the typical solution to use a work around such as creating a second detail view that is then set to be a general view so you can utilize the blank command in the component display function and faking the view call out with a note while placing the actual detail view off the page someplace to be forgotten.

Please tell me that within the last 15 years of people asking for a solution PTC have solved this and I'm just to new to see how to do it. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:CurtisF)

PTC's version is a detail view is just a magnification of the view it is taken from. You can not blank components unless you do it in the main view it came from.

Depending on the situation, I typically do a local cross section in the main view to eliminate components in front of what I want to see or if absolutely necessary, I do a general view and then create my own detail view circle/lable instead of creating an unused view.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II

PTC's version is a detail view is just a magnification of the view it is taken from. You can not blank components unless you do it in the main view it came from.

Depending on the situation, I typically do a local cross section in the main view to eliminate components in front of what I want to see or if absolutely necessary, I do a general view and then create my own detail view circle/lable instead of creating an unused view.

Thanks Stephen for the info and will consider creating the pseudo detail view circle & label as well to prevent having unused views. Guess I'll keep using a  work around & consider this solved.

It's unfortunate that after so many years PTC has not provided a proper functional way to do a common operation that has been repeatedly asked about and is frequently done with inconvenient time consuming workarounds 🙄.  

- Curtis

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Unfortunately I don't believe they will ever provide a solution other than the work-around.

Drawing mode is not their focus. Model Based annotation is their focus.

We are moving to model based annotation never, well, most likely not for the foresee-able future so...

Either way, via model or drawing annotations, it would be nice to have a method to create the view and have it called out properly in the drawing without a great time investment.

Oh well, I'm sure that with more time and training I'll develop better work flow and speed. I've only been using Creo 4 part time for a hand full of weeks & I have plenty to learn.  

Top Tags