Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bom Split Balloon Issue

Bom Split Balloon Issue

I have created a BOM table with repeat region, and given user defined parameters.

for example, I have replaced rpt.qty with ABC_QTY.

if asm_mbr_name == "P123456-002"

ABC_IDX = "0001"

ABC_DESC = "<DRAWING TITLE>"

ABC_QTY = "A/R"

ABC_PRT_NO = asm_mbr_name

and i have created custom balloon with ABC_IDX as index and ABC_QTY as qty.

So when i create the balloons for the first time it's working fine.

For this custom symbol split functionality is not working properly.

i.e if ABC_QTY = 2, then split balloons also have 2 as quantity in both the parts,

different behavior from creo's, which will split the quantity and both the balloon will have 1 as quantity.

Please suggest some solution, how to tackle this issue.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers!!

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Bom Split Balloon Issue

The split QTY is only going to work correctly if you are using rpt.qty. The software doesn't know that your ABC_QTY parameter is the quantity of the part.

Okay. But is there a way to assign my ABC_QTY to rpt.qty of creo? some configuration or something like that?

You can't change rpt.qty. It is defined by the software and there is no way to over ride it. The way we handle what you are trying to do is to assign an alternate symbol for the A/R balloons. The rpt.qty would then get changed in a new balloon symbol to text that reads A/R. Then you replace in the drawing as needed with the alternate balloon.

Highlighted

Hi,

Is it possible to assign two different symbols (One for Normal cad parts and other for A/R) for ballooning into a single table?

Regards

Ketan

Yes, that is what I am suggesting

Could you please help me how to do the same?

As far as I know, we can set Balloon type in BOM table once and same type [either simple circle, split with quantity or custom] will be followed through out the entries of table.

To conclude, If a table contains both parts, A/R and normal CAD parts, how to assign two different custom symbols for this table?

Regards

Ketan

Pick a balloon, choose "Alt symbol" and then browse to your different balloon.

Capture.PNG

Hello,

Thank you very much. This works. Is there any other work around for same? Unfortunately, approach of Alt Balloon Symbol is not possible using Toolkit.

Regards

Ketan

I don't know what you are trying to achieve so I am not sure I can comment on other approaches. If you are trying to replace rpt.qty with other text within the same symbol I think you are out of luck.

There may be other ways to achieve the same effect depending on what your end use case is though. For instance if it worked for you, you could add a parameter next to rpt.qty that was blank ("") and then "A/R" as needed so the end effect would be QTY 1 A/R for those that you wanted the A/R and QTY 1 for those you didn't.

If you get creative there maybe other solutions like the one above, but I do not know of a way to change rpt.qty directly