cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Bulk Item BOM Balloons-Multiple

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Bulk Item BOM Balloons-Multiple

I am detailing drawings that use many bulk items. I would like to use parametric BOM Balloons to ensure the numbers remain correct. Is there a way to create multiple BOM Balloons for a bulk item without making it a reference balloon? There is no quantity to a bulk item to split. I have also noticed, when using split balloons, CREO puts in a 1 for the quantity.

Allow BOM Ballons from Master Rep Repeat Region to be displayed on Simplified Reps

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
1 REPLY 1

You can over ride the "REF" text in the "reference_bom_balloon_text" parameter from the Drawing Properties (DTL file) by using \(alt)0160. This is backslash, then the ASCII characters 0160 that you print by pressing the Alt key on the keyboard. This will remove the "REF" text under the reference balloon.

But unfortunately, I haven't found a way to save this value on the DTL file. When save the value of "reference_bom_balloon_text" gets back to the default, which is "REF".

I hope this will help.

Top Tags