cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

CREATE_DRW drawing command

ptc-198847
2-Guest

CREATE_DRW drawing command

Has anybody found issues with the CREATE_DRW command with the "lib:" prefix when running the app on a network share?

I am finding this syntax only works with all the files are on my local machine, but not on a network share:
CREATE_DRW TOP_LEVEL_ASM lib:Models\template_assembly_d.drw MDL_DRAWING

And this is the only way I find it to work when all the files are on the network share:
CREATE_DRW TOP_LEVEL_ASM S:\Library\component_engine\SA_Admins\FV_Overhead\Models\template_assembly_d.drw MDL_DRAWING
Anybody finding a similar thing? I don't like specifying fully paths in my applications.

Doug Brandt
Engineering Systems Analyst 2
Development Engineering
hermanmiller.com
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

I remember having some issues, but not specifically this one, when we started working on our drawing automation. We pull all of our drawings from PDMLink, so we don't have this issue. Have you tried using quotation marks when you call the path?

Design well!

I have tried double quotes, UNC path.... etc and the only thing that works is a mapped drive letter. This is very strange behavior.
I will think about using PDMLink. That just might work. Do all your apps work with all your template models from PDMLink?
I have never thought about that and just store them in the app lib folders.

Thx,
Doug

We pull template parts, assemblies, skeleton parts, and drawings (not formats) directly from PDMLink. They do not have to be in the workspace and you do not have to provide a path, just the number and extension using the RETREIVE_MDL command.

Design well!

Top Tags