cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

CREO 4 - Snap dimension line to an edge

AD_7891312
4-Participant

CREO 4 - Snap dimension line to an edge

Hello

I'm looking for a small but nice feature that I was using with CREO 2 but it seems to have disappeared from CREO 4.

In CREO 2, we could select a witness line (by the small white square at his base), hold "SHIFT" key and move the cursor along an edge: this would automatically place the witness line base at the end of the edge if the line was parallel to the edge or on this edge in other cases.

Picture2.png

By the way, press the key "shift" + click on the white square of a witness line will lock its position (a small black circle appears).

Does anyone know if this is still possible with CREO 4?

Thanks Smiley Wink

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This feature still appears to work in Creo 4, it certainly does in Creo 3. One thing that has always baffled me a little though is the gap that is left between the end of the wittness line & the vertex you have just snapped to. On some drawings i get a good sized gap, perhaps 2mm then on others virtually no gap. I suspect that their is a drawing config that controls this but i find it bizzare that all my drawings are controlled by the same config files & yet i see different behaviour.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

This feature still appears to work in Creo 4, it certainly does in Creo 3. One thing that has always baffled me a little though is the gap that is left between the end of the wittness line & the vertex you have just snapped to. On some drawings i get a good sized gap, perhaps 2mm then on others virtually no gap. I suspect that their is a drawing config that controls this but i find it bizzare that all my drawings are controlled by the same config files & yet i see different behaviour.

AD_7891312
4-Participant
(To:John.Pryal)

Ok thank you for your quick reply, I will investigate why it's not working on my system...

About the gap, look at this option in drawing option ( / iso.dtl file) maybe it could help. That also why I like this feature, we can make clean and nice drawings (I'm a little manic Smiley Very Happy)

witness_line_offset

I have that option set to 1.5 in my dtl file & it definitely is that for any new drawing & new dimensions created. Perhaps when i encounter zero gap an old dtl file is being used, i will check next time i see this.

Strange that the snapping is not working for you.

AD_7891312
4-Participant
(To:John.Pryal)

Apparently the snapping feature doesn't work for drawings done or started with CREO 2 (or less). New drawings seem to work fine (even if the template is the same between both version)

I do not agree with that statement, or at least that is not my reality. I just opened some old drawings done in wildfire 5 & the clipping & snapping appeared to work fine. I then opened a drawing done in pre-widfire probably 2000i & the clipping & snapping still appears to work as it should.

Top Tags