cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

CREO Admin Enhancements - Consolidated

jforsyth
12-Amethyst

CREO Admin Enhancements - Consolidated

Being new to CREO and this community I have searched for solutions to issues we are having.  I have found it confusing trying to find solutions with so many posts for the same issue.  I have submitted 2 other posts that describe all of the issues we are having.  It wass suggested that I break these long posts into smaller ones.

My original posts are here:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Ideas/Some-CREO-Drawing-Enhancements/idc-p/485687#M9775

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Ideas/Some-CREO-Enhancements/idc-p/485686#M9774

I am not even sure if this is the location for CREO enhancemments or iif the PTC folks even read these.

I apologize in advance for any duplication.

Pleae add to this if I have imissed anything.

ADMIN

Drawing View Callouts

Issue

It would be nice to be able to disable the automatic drawing view caption with the scale.  We have our own company standards for view callouts.   Also, whenever we apply a section 2D section to a view and update the view, the 2DSection name appears.

Enhancement Solution

Be able to disable the automatic Drawing View caption and the Section callout.

Drafting settings

Issue

Currently there are several settings for Drawing annotation and views that are not modifiable by the CAD Admin.  These settings should be available for the CAD Admin to customize the Drafting environment per company standards.  Some, but not all, of these are”

• Being able to define the distance from an underline to the bottom of the text.
  • Be able to control the circle thickness and line type created by a Detail view.
  • Being able to define the line spacing for annotation instead of using the default .50 value.

Enhancement Solution

Allow the CAD Admin to modify Drawing settings to comply with company standards..

Admin settings

Issue

As a new CAD Admin for CREO it was difficult to define the standards for CREO.  There seems to be hundreds of files that need to be modified to customize CREO to comply with our company standards.  I wasn’t sure when I started, and I am still not sure after a year, that I have everything set correctly.

Enhancement Solution

Create a GUI interface for the CAD Admin so they only have to go to one place to modify the config, dtl and other files to customize CREO per their company standards.  Also and more detailed set of instructions that clearly explains what each of the files is used for and what the different settings and values mean.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags