cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

CREO PARAMETER "Yes No" DISPLAYING TRUE FALSE INSTEAD OF YES NO, and length of string parameter

WendyK
6-Contributor

CREO PARAMETER "Yes No" DISPLAYING TRUE FALSE INSTEAD OF YES NO, and length of string parameter

Hi

I created a logic parameter (type "Yes No"), with "YES" or "NO" in several parts. when I display the parameter in a table in a drawing the values are showing up at "TRUE" OR "FALSE". Is there a way to get them to show as "YES" "NO" ?

also my part description parameter (type "String") is too short for the customers descriptions is there a way to increase the length?

Thank you for your assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:WendyK)

@WendyK

Set drawing option yes_no_parameter_display to yes_no

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

@WendyK

Set drawing option yes_no_parameter_display to yes_no

WendyK
6-Contributor
(To:Mahesh_Sharma)

Thank you. it was still a bit challenging, I couldn't find the option in the config file.

I found the option under "file"->"prepare"->"drawing properties"->"detail options"

I changed the setting and it worked. 🙂

Thank you very much 🙂

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

There are 2 types of parameters in Creo.

Modeling parameters are set in the config.pro file(s).

Drafting parameters are set in your Detail config file (.dtl).

The Yes/No display is only for drawings, so it is in the .dtl file.

WendyK
6-Contributor
(To:BenLoosli)

Thank you for the explanation. It will help me find things in the future.:)

kdirth
20-Turquoise

The config.pro file is more like a system settings file, controlling the many options for how CREO operates.

The detail options are parameters for the file (part, assembly, drawing), controlling mostly detailing options (notes, dimensions, tolerancing, leaders, parameter display).  The settings can be save in a dtl file and imported from a dtl file.  

There is always more to learn in Creo.
KenFarley
21-Topaz I

From past discussions, it seems the String parameter type is limited to 80 characters. That's all you get, no way to increase it. Here's a previous discussion, there are probably many more if you use a search engine to make a query.

Previous String length discussion 

Top Tags