cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

CREO2 M020

bbenitez
1-Newbie

CREO2 M020

Happy Friday All

Any gotcha's in M020 from M010?

What exactly does it fix?

Should I uninstall and re-install?

Usual stuff -

Anthony R. Benitez
Senior Mechanical Designer - Supervisor
Applied Research Laboratories - The University of Texas at Austin
-

CREO2-M020, INTRALINK10.0-M030

This email and/or attachments contains export controlled material under
applicable laws of the United States. This material should only be handled
by US persons (a person that is a permanent legal resident of the The United
States or a protected individual) and should not be shared with any non-US
person.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

For us it fixed an issue where, it wouldn't allow us to assign a bend table to a part.

The upgrade went fairly smooth. Having a lot of unhappy experiences from F001 to M010, I learned enough to save all my modified files in the loadpoint folders and did a complete uninstall. I downloaded the zip and made an install folder and a custom name Creo loadpoint. Moved the custom files back into their locations and updated the desktop shortcuts to Creo. You have to know where to find the icon for the shortcuts because they will remember the old location.

I was able to crash M020 pretty much off the bat. I think I got into a circular relation when I queried the Info of a feature, and I had a pattern lock up. Nothing new but in general, everything is working as expected... no new bugs that I can see. M010 was actually quite stable.

And they fixed the Appearance Manager window where it truncated the icons. It now works again as F001.

I believe you need maintenance for this but you can review fixed bugs and reported bugs (second tab)for M020 here: https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/update_advisor/update_advisor.jsp

Give it a try.

Edit: Also remember to edit the system path to include the new BIN folder if you want purge to work. You might also consider taking "ownership" of the Creo loadpoint folder and subfolders. This will eliminate 90% of windows error messages when writing to these folders.

Top Tags