cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Calculation height of a Vial

HumzaS
4-Participant

Calculation height of a Vial

Hi

I have to calculate one of the dimensions (Inside height for main body) for the Vial and the volume is given.I have attached a file which shows a drawing of the vial which the volume has to be calulated and product family table details of other vials.

The question given is:

1. c) Create initial instance of the vial. New product family will require 5mm of overfill allowance over the capacity of the vial. Table 1 in the drawing sheet provides various design requirements for designing this product family. The design intent should be achieved through the use of suitable Relations and parameters incorporated into the part design. Describe the scenario to calculate vial dimensions.

I am able to calculate the height no problem using the realtions tool by setting up two equations 

but, I am struggling to use the family table to find the height for other vials. So far it seems the total volume is being set as a parameter, which therefore gives me the same value for all other vials.

Is there a way to correct this so that setting up the realtions will let me use the family table correctly.So to find the dimension(Inside height for main body) I would only have to create one inital vial rather than twenty vials.

Any help would be much appreciated please !

1 REPLY 1
epxkle
5-Regular Member
(To:HumzaS)

u need use BMX, 行为建模。

QQ图片20180120111947.pngQQ图片20180120112057.png

Top Tags