cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Can I Set Only 1 Assy Component As Wireframe In Drawing Views?

lkerila
1-Newbie

Can I Set Only 1 Assy Component As Wireframe In Drawing Views?

I have a piece of glass in an assembly. For ease of understanding the drawing view and showing the details/dimensions required, I need the glass to be in wireframe, while the remainder of the components are no-hidden. Is there a way to do this in Creo?

I tried the options within Component Display/Style, but didn't get the result I need.

I'm using Creo 2.0 M050.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:lkerila)

Are you talking about in the assy or a drawing? Also, I assume Creo Parametric, correct?

In the assy that's in the 'styles' area of the view manager.

In the drawing, select 'Component Display' from the 'Layout' tab, then pick 'HLR Display' (HLR = Hidden Line Removal) and whether you want your changes to apply to the picked view, the entire sheet or all views. Then pick the component and middle mouse. A menu comes up for picking hidden line or no hidden. Middle mouse when done.

--
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Sorry, I just caught that you said Wireframe not Hidden Line. No options for wireframe that I'm aware of, only hidden line and phantom.

--
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

They used to have an option for wireframe way back... maybe in the mid-late 90s.
And I often need it.
Thank you PTC
nuheht
1-Newbie

Kind of on the same subject....(I did say kind of), when in assembly mode and you make a component active, all the other components become opaque. Is there a way for that not to happen? Tried searching all the configs but came up empty handed.

Thanks

I find there are times when this is good and there are times when this is bad.

I'd like to be able to just turn that on-and-off when I need it, maybe with a mapkey.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

dim_inactive_components never

I gave up trying to do this as a (mainly) no-hidden view. I opted instead for a shaded view. I got exactly what I wanted, as far as the glass being transparent, so it worked out well.

Top Tags