cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Can I place a standard hole note callout in a dimension?

spete
5-Regular Member

Can I place a standard hole note callout in a dimension?

I have made some effort to modify hole note callouts with the DEFAULT_CALLOUT_FORMAT_DATA option.  However, I don't like how the notes don't look like dimensions.  Is there a way to place the notes within the diameter dimensions of the hole, so that I get parameterized information but in a dimension?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
tgriffin
4-Participant
(To:spete)

Select the dimension right click and select properties.  Then within the display tab you can type in the text you want before or after the @D (which is the dimension) and if you type an ampersand (&) before the name of a parameter within that text box it will automatically put the value of that parameter into the text.  For example if your parameter was named part_no with a value of 5 and you type &part_no into that text box after the @D it would display the diameter dimension followed by the value 5.

spete
5-Regular Member
(To:tgriffin)

I can add text and parameters to my dimensions, however, what I wanted to see if and how to do was to place a standard hole note callout (defined in a .hol file) in the text body of the dimension.

note_into_dim.JPG

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:spete)

Yes...but, you would need to modify the actual hole dimension, not the annotation (setup note) via the callout format.  All the annotation parameters are buried right in the feature itself, you just need to reference them in the dimension text.  Basically you configure one hole the way you want it, then save it as a UDF.  Then, every time you place this "custom" hole UDF, the dimension will display the information you want.

Top Tags