cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I turn on/off individual coordinate systems/features in different drawing views?

SOLVED

Re: Can I turn on/off individual coordinate systems/features in different drawing views?

I don't understand all the fuss over csys in drawings ? all I do is Just Hide the the coordinate systems that I don't want to see in my drawings in the model tree. Then print my drawing. It's not a permanent thing but I generally only print my drawings one time and I do a lot of manufacturing drawings (cam sheets for cnc operators) every day.

Re: Can I turn on/off individual coordinate systems/features in different drawing views?

Ok I figured out what you guys were talking about now!! disregard my previous post I now see that it is in multiple views on the same drawing now... I really need look a lttle closer at the posts.

Steve

In general this discussion can be applied to a lot of things. There is nothing more annoying to have a perfectly good drawing messed up when some yahoo unhides everything in a model and save the layer state. Knowing about drawing layer states can mitigate some of that.

Oh dear it looks like I'm that yahoo you're talking about haha I've done that a couple times

We are all yahoos at one point or another

Let us know if we solved your issue.

Hi again,

I finally got it to work at work. I did these steps at home and it worked perfectly and easily first time, but for some reason when at work I couldn't get the drawing views to show up in the layer combo box. If you look at the picture I posted in my comment above you'll see it shows the part and mfg files in the combo box and then all this white space where I assume the drawing views were supposed to be. I couldn't select the white space either. Even using the selection feature (the little arrow button) it wouldn't allow me to select the views!

I've found out however that after setting both the checkboxes that MartinHanek suggested, found in the menu in this image selection.jpg, I could now select each view using the Select feature and in the combobox after it refreshed. Interesting that I didnt need to set these checkboxes at home, but I do at work. And that some of you guys claim not to need to turn these checkboxes on/off either.

Any ideas?

Martin I found that these two options can be turned on and off easily via this menu:selection.jpg

rather than having to go through the drawing config.

There must be a config option set somewhere that is not allowing your work configuration to do this. Now you have-written their desires and you can do what you want

I always maintain the default installed configuration of Creo to test such things. ...just in case!

You did notice that I accessed the drawing layers from the Drawing Tree, not the Model Tree, right?

Yeh I tried both to the same result