cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Can not access Dimension properties

HumzaS
4-Participant

Can not access Dimension properties

Hi

Could somone please clarify as to how I can access the dimension properties.

As I first go to switch realtions, and the click on the dimension, and then right click, there should be option there to access dimensions properties for me to change the parameter name but there is no option

please can someone help me ?!

Note the the dimension change is in a prt.file

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

• open part
  • double-click part geometry ... dimesions related to selected piece of geometry appear
  • select dimension, press RMB and use Properties command from context menu

Do not open Relations dialog box !!!

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:HumzaS)

Is the .prt file locked (as in PDMLink/Windchill)? (most common problem I have seen)

When you right click, are you getting any right click menu or just no "properties" option? New users sometimes don't realize you have to click and hold right mouse button longer than other programs. Not sure if that applies to you.

HumzaS
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

I don't know if the file is locked but when I hold right mouse button, the only options I am getting are 

-Pick from list

-Lock

-Value

-Move 

-Move Text

-Exit Edit Dimension

HumzaS
4-Participant

I don't know if the file is locked but when I hold right mouse button, the only options I am getting are 

-Pick from list

-Lock

-Value

-Move 

-Move Text

-Exit Edit Dimension

TomU
23-Emerald IV

-Exit Edit Dimension

You can't edit the dimension properties while you're editing the value on screen.  Try picking "Exit Edit Dimension", then left click the dimension once, then right click and see if you can get to properties.

HumzaS
4-Participant
(To:TomU)

Tried that still no luck, It does show other options but no Diemensions Properties 

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Should be just as simple as right click, properties in either the drawing or the part file.

If you are in windchill pdmllink, make sure your part file isn't locked, you can't edit model dimensions (even in a drawing) when the part is locked.

properties.png

Hi,

• open part
  • double-click part geometry ... dimesions related to selected piece of geometry appear
  • select dimension, press RMB and use Properties command from context menu

Do not open Relations dialog box !!!

Martin Hanák
kblacker
6-Contributor
(To:MartinHanak)

Hello Martin,

I am using Creo 9.0 and have this exact same problem as HumzaS. I want to change the name of a dimension, but I cannot access dimension properties. I tried following the solution you outlined. In the part file, double click on geometry, then select the dimension and RMB, but I do not see Properties in the menu that pops up. This is what I see:

kblacker_1-1705678446738.png

Is there something I am missing here?

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:kblacker)

Look at the tab up top. The dimension properties has changed over the years.

You can edit the name of the dimension in the ribbon.

StephenW_0-1705678882621.png

kblacker
6-Contributor

I see! That is exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you!

Top Tags