cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Can somebody see if they can open this pvz file?

ptc-6709871
1-Newbie

Can somebody see if they can open this pvz file?

We have no experience here at our office on opening up PVZ files. I downloaded the Creo Express viewer but am getting an error: An error occured locating a product structure in the zip archive. Can somebody try and open it up for me and see if you're getting the same error? thanks!

Dave Dedrickson

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

For reference, PVZ is a zip compressed PVS file.

Think of PVS as a comapct container for several different kinds of data, usually in the Creo family, but can contain 3rd party data types as well.

For whatever reason, your file is a zip of a zip....unpacking it the first time transformed it from:

>unzip Jicarilla 464-30 #724 (approved).pvz.zip

>Jicarilla 464-30 #724 (approved).pvz

That file was not readable by Creo View.

Renaming it to Jicarilla 464-30 #724 (approved).zip allowed me to unpack the contents:

18,206 KB Black Hills Jicarilla All stgs.dbs

4,126 KB Jicarilla 464-29 #716ST_PEX.las

23,365 KB Jicarilla 464-30 #724 (5-11-11)(Look at GR Zach).LAS

24 KB Jicarilla 464-30 #724 (final).pvx

1,960 KB Jicarilla 464-30 #724 All Stages.msx

14 KB Jicarilla 464-30 #724 Setup.msx

1 KB License.XML

1 KB Settings.tvx

The file you uploaded appears to be a zip file of unrelated data renamed to be a PVZ file but does not appear to contain any data that is readable by Creo View. The largest file in the bunch appears to be a point cloud, (.LAS) from a laser scanner - which is not natively supported by Creo View.

So the usual questions would come to mind...where did you get the PVZ file from (or how was it made), and can anyone in the handling chain confirm any of it was manipulated by an application in the Creo family?

To load the data into Creo View, the data as formatted would need to be converted to some intermediate format that Creo View can read. (STEP, JT, etc)

Thx,

Barton Fiske

thank you so much. I'll have to find the answers to some of your questions. My boss, who just left for Israel for 2 weeks, forwarded it to his boss and he asked us what software opens up the file. So of course I googled PVZ files and it took me to Creo View. When my boss returns I will find answers to your questions and we'll go from there. Thanks again for taking the time to look at this.

Dave Dedrickson

Top Tags