cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Can't move datum feature symbols when attached to a dimension or gtol.

jflatt
6-Contributor

Can't move datum feature symbols when attached to a dimension or gtol.

When I add a datum feature symbol in a drawing, I have 3 options for placing it: on dimension, on dimension elbow, or on Gtol. Using the "on dimension" option puts the datum triangle directly on the feature. When the feature is a small hole, this datum marker covers the whole view, which makes it completely useless. When using the "on dimension elbow", or "on Gtol" option the datum feature symbol is put in a fixed location. It cannot be dragged or moved in anyway. I can make the leader longer or shorter to move it "up and down" on the print, but the datum triangle is fixed to the bottom and cannot be moved sideways at all. Even when choosing the "elbow" option, the elbow length is fixed and cannot be moved. There is a lot of information on my print, and I can't afford to have this giant dimension with leaders and notes all stuck in fixed locations. It makes every dimension huge and is forcing me to have extra views added to the print just to place dimensions because they all overlap otherwise. How in the world can these things be moved to a place that is less obnoxious?

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags