cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Can't show model annotations in Parametric 2.0

srizvi
1-Newbie

Can't show model annotations in Parametric 2.0

Hello everyone.

I'm new to using Parametric. I randomly start having issues.

I was annotating my drawing. So I would right click a view where I want the annotation and than I would click Show Model Annotations. So when I was doing the for several minutes I could access all the annotations. However, now when I do it I don't see any annotation. The message is displayed that I should select a view to show the annotations. So I select the view but still nothing.

What could be going wrong here?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:srizvi)

If you showed a model annotation and then 'Erased' the annotation, PTC has taken that as a signal to hide the annotation. You need to 'Delete' a shown annotation to show it somewhere else. What PTC is referring to with 'Delete' is to delete the link between the view and the annotation. What they meant by 'Erase' is anyone's guess. However, if you delete a drawing annotation, it is deleted from the drawing.

You can look at the drawing tree to see the view list and then expand the views to see which ones have annotations. Pick the ones that are hidden and select Delete. You will be able to Show those annotations in other views.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:srizvi)

If you showed a model annotation and then 'Erased' the annotation, PTC has taken that as a signal to hide the annotation. You need to 'Delete' a shown annotation to show it somewhere else. What PTC is referring to with 'Delete' is to delete the link between the view and the annotation. What they meant by 'Erase' is anyone's guess. However, if you delete a drawing annotation, it is deleted from the drawing.

You can look at the drawing tree to see the view list and then expand the views to see which ones have annotations. Pick the ones that are hidden and select Delete. You will be able to Show those annotations in other views.

Top Tags