cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Can you make annotations parallel to, normal to, or coincident with the surface to which they apply in a drawing?

bboman
8-Gravel

Can you make annotations parallel to, normal to, or coincident with the surface to which they apply in a drawing?

I have enabled the allow_3d_dimensions within the dtl file, but am still unable to make notes and/or tolerances show up in any configuration other than flat to screen. Does anyone know if these can be shown in the same manner as "3D Dimensions"?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:bboman)

See if this thread helps:

Re: Editiable annotations/dimensions

Thanks, Dale

I appreciate you sharing that thread, but I am trying to figure out how to transfer the orientation of my annotation elements onto a drawing graphic sheet. No matter what plane or surface I reference when placing the annotation element in the model, the annotation element will not show up in that configuration on a drawing. Essentially, I would like to create drawing views like the one seen below.

MDB-1-ASME.jpg

mender
6-Contributor
(To:bboman)

That looks like Model-Based Design, governed by the standard ASME Y14.41, where drawings are governed by ASME Y14.5 (dimensioning+tolerancing), Y14.3 (views), etc., and call out different behaviors, specifically not having text on a plane angled relative to the paper.  We might support having an image being placed in a drawing which is a MBD combination state presentation from 3D, but having it 'as a view' would be contrary to 2D detailing standards, so seems less likely.

Top Tags