cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Can you scale title block table?

pimm
14-Alexandrite

Can you scale title block table?

I have an E size drawing format that I would like to use for an A size drawing.

I would prefer not building the A size format from scratch; I am wondering if there is a way to scale the title block tables in different size drawings?

When I bring the E size title block into the A size drawing it wipes out half of the drawing.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:pimm)

Yes you can!  Here is the process:

1. Create a new, empty drawing with a variable size that is easy to scale.  E is 4 times the size of an A, so I would use 40" x 40".
  2. Make sure this drawing contains all parameters that are referenced by title block table.  (Create them if not already present.)
  3. Switch the drawing to "Template" mode.  (on the "Tools" tab)
  4. Set the config.pro option "variant_drawing_item_sizes" to "yes".
  5. Now change the size of the format (created in step 1) to 10" x 10".  The table will automatically be resized, but the text will still be large.
  6. Select the table and choose 'Switch Symbols".  This will make sure all text is visible for the next step.
  7. From the annotation tab, choose "Edit, Scale".  Window select all the entire table and then pick a point (anywhere).  Enter the scale amount (.25).
  8. Save the table as a new table file.
  9. Set the config.pro option "variant_drawing_item_sizes" back to "no".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DonSenchuk
7-Bedrock

Not that I've ever seen.

I patterned ours after the ASME specs where the A through C title block cells are one size and D through F are a different size. It's significant enough to notice the difference, though a-size still leaves virtually no room for drawing views.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Yes you can!  Here is the process:

1. Create a new, empty drawing with a variable size that is easy to scale.  E is 4 times the size of an A, so I would use 40" x 40".
  2. Make sure this drawing contains all parameters that are referenced by title block table.  (Create them if not already present.)
  3. Switch the drawing to "Template" mode.  (on the "Tools" tab)
  4. Set the config.pro option "variant_drawing_item_sizes" to "yes".
  5. Now change the size of the format (created in step 1) to 10" x 10".  The table will automatically be resized, but the text will still be large.
  6. Select the table and choose 'Switch Symbols".  This will make sure all text is visible for the next step.
  7. From the annotation tab, choose "Edit, Scale".  Window select all the entire table and then pick a point (anywhere).  Enter the scale amount (.25).
  8. Save the table as a new table file.
  9. Set the config.pro option "variant_drawing_item_sizes" back to "no".
pimm
14-Alexandrite
(To:TomU)

Thank you Tom; we will give this a try.

If this doesn't hold together we probably do as Don suggested and make 2 separate sizes

pimm
14-Alexandrite
(To:TomU)

We just tried this out and this worked just the way you described.

Thanks for your help!

Top Tags