cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Cannon 825 plotter

lholmberg
4-Participant

Cannon 825 plotter

Hi guys:

I am looking at replacing our old HP 1055CM workhorse at the office. Right now the plan is to replace it with a Cannon 825 plotter. Do any of you have any experince with the Cannon 825 plotter? Right now I am drawn to it over our HP 1055cm as it has dual rolls that are very easy to load. The HP1055 with it's multiroll feeder has been a pain in my backside since we have purchased it and I am definatly in the market for something that is easier to load and jams less.

Price range is in the $10k to $18k range.

Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
lholmberg
4-Participant
(To:lholmberg)

I replaced our 1055CM with a Cannon 825 and I couldn't be happier.  That 1055CM was such a pain in my backside because of that crappy multiroll feeder.  The Canon runs like a dream and is super easy to load. 

I only have one problem with the Canon and that is related to server side drivers.  We have issues with the drivers always crashing.  I am waiting on our IT department to fix it.  My recommendation don't use server side drivers if you can avoid it.  Also printer settings take some getting used to compared to the HP but that is a training issue that should be easy to resolve.

Top Tags