cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Cannot delete model with views using it

ptc-115314
1-Newbie

Cannot delete model with views using it

Got this problem with deleting a model from a drawing. All I did was add a model, added a view then deleted the view.

Now Pro/E will not let me delete the model. I keep getting the message in the subject of this thread......Cannot delete model with views using it

Anyone know what's going on?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Are you sure you deleted the view, or did you erase it?

Peter Stockhausen
Infotech Aerospace Services

Here's a little bit more info...

I didn't erase the view. I know this because I use the delete key on the keyboard to delete anything and everything I delete.

I've seen a similar issue when deleting drawing sheets with views still on them. This I did not do because there are still other views from a different model on the sheet that I added the view that I deleted.

Iturned on Hilite Current model and added another view of the offending model just to make sure that it was hiliting the model views. It was the only view that was hilited which makes me believe that it was the only view for the active model on the drawing.

I saved the file, exited Pro/E, launched Pro/E and then opened the file. The drawing pulled the offending model into session and I still could not delete it from the drawing.

More things I tried.....

Made sure that there was not a view outside the normal page view. Didn't work.

Moved everything to new sheet and deleted old sheet. Didn't work.

Deleted everything, views, draft entities, dimensions and sheets.Didn't work. In fact I can't even delete any of the models now. Although I can add a model and delete it but can't delete the original 2 models.

It's getting pretty frustrating now.......

CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-115314)

Is the offending view the view that is showing in your model tree?

Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite

While you may have deleted the view, the model is still tied to the drawing. Select File/Properties/Drawing Models/Del Model. Since there are no views using the model, it should delete easily.
Top Tags