cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Cannot modify dimension tolerances thru ribbon when selected - sporadic issue

BrianBoman
14-Alexandrite

Cannot modify dimension tolerances thru ribbon when selected - sporadic issue

Dimension is selected yet specific (tolerances) areas in the ribbon remain randomly grayed out. Potential causes?

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:BrianBoman)

It's possible the model is locked or otherwise not modifiable. 

BrianBoman
14-Alexandrite
(To:StephenW)

I am seeing a typical behavior that seemingly prevents this from being the case. If you add a dim to a model (ad###), show it in a drawing, then select it with the part unlocked - you get the dimension tab on the ribbon. If the part is locked - only the format tab shows up. I have run into the issue I mentioned, but I've never actually been able to replicate it. Closing and reopening, changing the format, these 'restarts' seem to reset whatever is causing it.  

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:BrianBoman)

Those are difficult to solve. When I start having glitches, I simply restart Creo and see if that solves them. If so, I usually don't worry too much about it.  If you can come up with a sequence that creates the issue, maybe we can help. Or maybe someone else has a suggestion.

BrianBoman
14-Alexandrite
(To:StephenW)

Agreed. I was fishing a bit due to the difficulty to debug. If I end up figuring it out I will report back. Thanks for biting and trying to help.

Top Tags