cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Centerlines

rmogensen
1-Newbie

Centerlines

Is there a way to put centerlines between holes in detail drawing views?  Coming for a Solid works background, you could sketch centerlines between holes in any drawing view.  You could constrain them to specific geometry in that view, such as the center point of a hole.  Is there a way to do this I Creo?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I just usually show the dimensions and move the extension lines to the correct feature. Creo will automatically add breaks when the file is plotted if the high quality output is set in the config. If required, the axes of the holes can be shown and then the end of whatever one seems suitable can be grabbed and dragged to what ever place seems suitable. They are automatically constrained. No longer necessary to waste time sketching something like that. There is parametric sketching, but it's pretty rare to need it.

The Creo Customization forum is usually for software development and automation.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I just usually show the dimensions and move the extension lines to the correct feature. Creo will automatically add breaks when the file is plotted if the high quality output is set in the config. If required, the axes of the holes can be shown and then the end of whatever one seems suitable can be grabbed and dragged to what ever place seems suitable. They are automatically constrained. No longer necessary to waste time sketching something like that. There is parametric sketching, but it's pretty rare to need it.

The Creo Customization forum is usually for software development and automation.

Create an axis in part mode

Top Tags