cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Change Sheet Size in RSD

ScottPearson
3-Visitor

Change Sheet Size in RSD

Hello RSD'ers...,

I have a Sheet in my Design which I want to change from D-size to E-size, but I can not find a way to do that in the software.

Although I have inserted an E-size drawing border (via cut-and-paste from a different Design) into my D-size Sheet, my Sheet still considers itself a D-size Sheet thus when I do View>Full Sheet much of my E-size drawing border is chopped off from my display.

Can someone give me a step-by-step on how to tell my Sheet to be an E-size?

Thanks!
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Scott

As long as you have an e size sheet in your design template you can use the sheet format change icon on the diagramming tool tray. The icon is either the first or second icon down in the right in the fly out

Hope that helps

Jim

Thanks for the reply post, Jim.

I've tried the Change Sheet Format but when invoked the resulting dialog box does not list any "Availiable Sheets" in the list.

So I went to the Catalog Explorer and looked at the Design Templates. I have the expected list of templates there including B, C, D, E, and a couple of my own I created.

So how does one get that list of "Available Sheets" in the Change Sheet Format dialog box to populate with the templates listed in the Catalog Explorer?

Thanks,

Scott

Scott

The sheet format change is intelligent. This means when you invoke the tool RSD scans the design sheet and figures out where you have placed all your objects to identify the extents of the sheet. Based on the extents it provides a list of suitable formats. If you are not seeing anything in the list then this suggests that you have objects which would not fit in any of your design template sheets which means you either need a bigger design template or you need to move items. You did state in you earlier mail that you copied an e size format inside of your drawing. If you delete the manually placed e format you should be all set

Thanks

Jim
Top Tags