cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Change drawing hierarchy models

ssambo
5-Regular Member

Change drawing hierarchy models

Goodmorning,

I'm trying to change the hierarchy of model views in a drawing.

Let me explain: my drawing depends on tree models, there's a "master" model (not a master representation) and two slave models. It means that the drawing, as a document, has the same name of the master model (it's an automatic procedure, I can't manage it even changing the name of the drawing). I want, now, to leave the drawing as it is and change the link to the master model, I'd like to move one of the slave models to be the master model.

How can I do it? I tryed "set model" but nothing changed.

Thank to anyone that answer to my question

4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ssambo)

There are a lot of unknowns to your question but I'm guessing that your drawing format that is getting information from the model that is not your master.

You will need to use set model to the one you want to be "master" and then re-add the format.

Depending on how your format and drawings are set up, usually when a format is added to a drawing, the current active model is where it gets the data to automatically fill out the information in the format.

I may be completely wrong in my interpretation of your problem, if so, I apologize.

ssambo
5-Regular Member
(To:StephenW)

Good morning Stephen,

I was trying to figure out how to explain the problem, I admit it is a bit complicated to undertand, so nothing to apologize at all.

Probably you got the point, I need to find a way to set the main part as the "master" view. I'll try your solution. I'll let you know as soon as possible.

Thanks.

ghansen
11-Garnet
(To:ssambo)

Hi

Rename models in session before opening the drawing?

ssambo
5-Regular Member
(To:ghansen)

Thanks for the tip Ghansen, but unfortunatly it doesn't seems to be a solution.

Top Tags