cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Changing rpt.index from ascending to descending

bhughes
1-Newbie

Changing rpt.index from ascending to descending

I am trying to change my BOM table in my drawing from my item numbers are starting at 1 at the top of my BOM and need to start at the bottom of my BOM.   Using sort region I have the ability to sort other columns in forward or backward order, however it won't work for my item number column using my rpt.index.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

You can set the direction in table properties.

MH

Martin Hanák
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:bhughes)

To explain Martin's answer - rpt.index is the number assigned to each row of the table and cannot be backwards in the table. Instead, the direction that rows are added need to be changed via the table direction setting. This may affect the position of non-repeat region rows - it seems reasonable that a table can't grow in the up direction if it is anchored at the top to a non-repeat row, but it might work.

In other words, if you want the numbers to be top-down or bottom-up the table direction needs to be set to that direction.

Top Tags