cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Choppy drawing

ptc-2326978
1-Newbie

Choppy drawing

I have installed Direct Modelling Express 4.0 on a Dell Vostro laptop and I am having some chopping/lagging problems, but only while drawing. If I am just rotating/zooming a model everything is fast and smooth, but the second I start to draw anything the cursor jumps and skips around quite a bit. The laptop uses Intel HD 3000 graphics.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Look at this from the CoCreate Users group.

http://www.cocreateusers.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8091&highlight=graphics

Tom

Creo Element\Direct Modeling 20.6.0.0.0

Hi Tom, thanks for the quick reply. I typed the command and the response was "NIL", so I assume openGL is working. I would like to clarify that my problem does not occure when making drawings, but when attempting to draw a feature on a part. For example, drawing a circle on a workplane before pulling it. I have tired turing off all CoPilot setting thinking that might be a problem, but that made no difference. The slowdown occures even when draing a shape on an empty workplane in a new file.

The computer is a i5-2410M w/4gig ram, Win7 64bit.

Hi Tomas,

I faced the same problem too when running PTC Creo direct modeling/CoCreate in my HP Zbook laptop.

I managed to resolve the problem by switching to dedicated graphic card. Some laptop have both integrated graphic card and dedicated graphic card. By default the "smart" system will choose which one to use. By switching your preferred graphic card to 'dedicated graphic card' instead of 'auto-select' may solve your issue.

Regarding how to set your default graphic card, i think is vary for different graphic card maker. For my NVIDIA:
Right click on desktop>NVIDIA Control Panel>Manage 3D settings>Preferred graphics processor>(Select your dedicated grahic card).

If your laptop doesn't have dedicated graphic card, then may be is your graphic card underspec, probably not enough memory. Some BIOS allow you to allocate more memory to your graphic card. That may help with the issue.

Hope this help

Chee Loong

Top Tags