cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Column Rep Relations

wfalco
15-Moonstone

Column Rep Relations

Relation Gurus...

In 4.0 is it possible to change items using relations when using column rep bom? I am pretty sure it was not possible in the past. I want to change a simple parameter in the repeat region that is cage_code. I am reusing someone else's model and I do not want to change their file. Their cage_code reads ---. I want to change mine to 96906. If it can be done, like I said, using multiple columns for assemblies, how do I write the relation? The bom column = as.mbr.cage_code. I can't seem to get it to work. I know I originally tried some time ago to change qty to AR...and that would not work. Was thinking maybe in 4?

Thanks,

Wayne

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:wfalco)

It works if formatted properly in all versions and has for many years.

If asm.mbr.<whatever your partnumber column is named> == <Part Number that you want to change Cage_code on>

CageCode = 96906

else

CageCode = asm.mbr.cage_code

endif

You must use CageCode for the parameter in the Cage Code column instead of asm.mbr.cage_code.

You cannot change a system parameter. You must create your own and use it.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:wfalco)

This is the code we use to change a bulk item to qty AR

if asm.mbr.type == 'BULKITEM"

QTY = A/R

else

QTY = rpt.qty

endif

In the repeat region column for QTY, we use the parameter QTY instead of rpt,qty. This allows the value to be over ridden.

Top Tags