cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Combining Bill of Material Columns

mcourtright
1-Newbie

Combining Bill of Material Columns

Is there any way to combine 2 item number boxes for a repeat region? attached is an example of what I would like my BOM to look like. I would like one item number for two different part numbers.BOM Example.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Merging of cells in repeat region is not possible.

You could do something close with a little leg work, but no, you can't merge repeat region cells. There are a couple of ways to do this:

1. Use comment cells, add a column to the table that is included in the repeat region, but is reporting no parameters, then from the repeat region menu manager, select "Comments" and pick the first cell in that blank column. You can then right click / properties on each cell in that column and manually add an index to be whatever you want.

2. You can create a relation in the repeat region so you can set the index to whatever you want, including having multiple objects with the same index.

From the repeat region menu manager, select Relations and click on the repeat region. Then start a series of if / else statements like:

if asm_mbr_part_no == "12345"     [the "asm_mbr_" part is required, then add the parameter name, ie "part_no]

my_index = "1"

else

if asm_mbr_part_no == "12346"

my_index = "1"

else

endif

endif          [you need one endif for each if]

Then edit the repeat region, so instead of showing rpt.index, change it to rpt.rel.my_index. It's not an elegant solution, doing this for large assemblies would be a pain, and if you change the assembly, you must change the relation also.

Either way, you can't merge the cells, but you can give more than one item the same index number.

Hope this helps,

David

bduncan
15-Moonstone
(To:mcourtright)

This is AUTOCAD not Creo

Top Tags