cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Component ref's in assy' drawings.

JamesM
1-Newbie

Component ref's in assy' drawings.

Morning All,

I have a Creo 3 problem I hope you can help with!

Looking at the attached image that Ive cut from a drawing.

What I need to do is rather that have a balloon type note for a component, I need a text type note that details its actual part number instead of its item ref' number.

This comes from the fact that the people reading the drawing (drg's can be pretty large) would rather see the item labelled directly with its part number rather than having to refer back to the items list via the 'ballooned' index number.

So my question.... Is it possible to somehow construction a custom leader / balloon type note that gets its info' from the "PART ID" column rather than the "INDEX" column in the drawing table. Im sure something can be done using the 'regions' but Ive no idea where to start.

Can anyone help me?? I really dont want to manually enter part numbers using a standard leader note.

Thanks. James.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:JamesM)

Yes, this is very doable. You just create a custom balloon (symbol) with the parameter name (or names) you want to display then tell the repeat region to use that custom balloon instead.

JamesM
1-Newbie
(To:TomU)

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your answer, but I have no idea how to go about creating a custom symbol let alone ref' a repeat region from inside it. Any chance of an idiots get if you have a free min??

James.

Top Tags