cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Control Tolerance Decimal Places

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Control Tolerance Decimal Places

Does anyone know of a way to either programmatically control the number of decimal places of a tolerance value, or optionally configure Pro/e to automatically display tolerance values only out to the last non-zero digit? I have a fully automatic part that when very large might have a tolerance as loose as .001", but when very small can have a tolerance as tight as 0.000015" I would like tolerance values displayed on the drawing to only display out to the last non-zero digit.

The only thing I can think of is to create multiple driven dimensions in the drawing, each with a different number of displayed decimal places, and then use a drawing program to choose which one is shown. Any other suggestions that will leave only the driving dimension displayed? Thanks.

Tom U.

[cid:image001.png@01CDECF9.50C3E640] [cid:image002.png@01CDECF9.B369F550]

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
Eike_Hauptmann
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomU)

I think you have two possible solutions.

First are my fav., because its also perfect for future use. You can add a relation that get out your parameter, change it to a String Value and shorten it to the last non zero value. So if the tolerance parameter is changed in future releases everything changes to it automatically.

The other posibility is to read it out and shorten it by an API program inside another parameter, but I think its not the best way : ) It is a good way to change models you already have. So you can add all the relation and parameter stuff and can change the parameter that is shown in the drawing and so on.

Best regards,

Eike

PS : I'm get up some minutes ago ... forget what I have written : ) I don't know how to change the tolerance values ... Sry

FV
17-Peridot
17-Peridot
(To:TomU)

Hi all,

Tom,

ProDimensionToleranceSet would set upper and lower bound.

ProSolidOutlineCompute would give you 3d bounding box for the model to be dimensioned, hence there is your tolerance value.

ProDrawingDimensionVisit couldbe used to reset dimension tolerances due to the model size changes.

HIH.

Feliks.

In Reply to Tom Uminn:

Does anyone know of a way to either programmatically control the number of decimal places of a tolerance value, or optionally configure Pro/e to automatically display tolerance values only out to the last non-zero digit? I have a fully automatic part that when very large might have a tolerance as loose as .001", but when very small can have a tolerance as tight as 0.000015" I would like tolerance values displayed on the drawing to only display out to the last non-zero digit.

The only thing I can think of is to create multiple driven dimensions in the drawing, each with a different number of displayed decimal places, and then use a drawing program to choose which one is shown. Any other suggestions that will leave only the driving dimension displayed? Thanks.

Tom U.

[cid:image001.png@01CDECF9.50C3E640] [cid:image002.png@01CDECF9.B369F550]
Top Tags